Friday, January 25, 2008

Busy Weekend, But That's What They're For

Right now, I'm sitting in my office typing this after "the crew" and I have completed production on another week's issue of The Outlook. Pretty good issue, I'm proud of it. Very local-oriented.

So with that, the work week (pretty much) comes to an end. I now find myself having to fill the next two days with things to do and people to see. Which makes me glad that I've already figured out my weekend plans. So many times before, I'd find myself watching a movie or playing video games on Sunday nights, thinking I could have done so much more with the weekend. But most times I'm limited in the socializing department because my best friends live away from home. Chris in Saskatoon, Kyle in Swift Current. But I make do with where I am and what I have.

Luckily, Conquest Merchants games and having an extensive, ever-expanding DVD library work with me, not against. Its always great heading down to the rink on a Friday night, seeing the same people in nearly the same places, and watching the game, regardless if Conquest wins or not. And then going home and throwing a movie into the DVD player is always great. My problem is that I never seem to know what I want to watch. Comedy? Action? Documentary? Horror? If you've ever seen the collection, then you know what I'm talking about. My brothers will ask to borrow a movie and then spend five minutes standing in front of all of them, going through each shelf before finally deciding.

This weekend is planned out pretty well, IMO. Tonight, I'm seeing the Merchants play host to the Kenaston Blizzards and then watching either "Heat" or "The Godfather II". Yes, I still haven't decided. But I'm leaning towards "Heat" at the moment, though an hour from now I could be in the mood for some Corleone crime family shenanigans.

Tomorrow, I currently plan on going up to Saskatoon with my brother Brendon to do some window shopping, though I intend on picking up one of my favorite movies of 2007 on DVD, "3:10 To Yuma". From there, the two of us are planning on seeing two movies over at the Galaxy theater - the mysterious monster movie "Cloverfield" and Sylvester Stallone's return to ass-kickery in "Rambo". After that, we'll most likely grab some supper and head home, to once again see the Merchants play at the rink.

On Sunday, I'm hoping to order the WWE's annual PPV extravaganza, the Royal Rumble. Thirty men enter the ring, and only one man stands tall in the end. This is the first year in a very long time that I have absolutely no idea who is going to win it, though I'm leaning towards Triple H, the Undertaker or Batista taking it.

With that, the weekend will be over at that point, but at least I can say it was well-spent, unlike many times before.

Talk to you next week. Until then...

Keep 'em laughin',
Derek

No comments: