Friday, April 18, 2008

Brooks & Dunn & Jackson

I remember buying tickets to the show back in December, shortly before Christmas. They came in the mail the same day my co-workers and I were finished for the holidays. December 21, to be exact. A Friday.

Now, finally, after nearly four months, the day has arrived.

Tonight, at Credit Union Centre, Brooks & Dunn take the stage, along with Alan Jackson as a special guest. I can't wait. I've been looking forward to this forever.

I've read a couple show reviews to kinda "feel out" the show and to see what we can all expect. From what I've been reading, Alan Jackson has been the main crowd-pleaser, which doesn't really make B&D look all that good. Not that they've been playing bad shows, just that a few equipment glitches have taken away from the experience. Though one reviewer from the show in Edmonton last night said that B&D "just didn't have their full heart in it". I dunno, I still expect a great show tonight, well worth the ticket price.

As for the rest of the weekend, it looks solid. The Outlook Trade Show is all day tomorrow, so I'll be over there taking pictures and looking around. Should be interesting. In the city today though, before my brother and I head out to Rory and Brent's place, I'm planning on renting another PS3 game or two. Just have to see what they got.

Anyway, such is my weekend. Brendon's taking his camera so I'm hoping we get some good shots at the show. I may even write a review of it for next week's issue of the paper.

Keep 'em laughin',
Derek

No comments: